Friday, June 08, 2007

From the Land of Sky Blue Waters

I've pretty much hit a creative brick wall of late. I don't knit anymore. I don't write anymore. I don't read anymore.

If it was the 1970s, I would just skateboard down to the arcade and drop a quarter into the biorhythm machine to figure out when my creative curve was going to turn the corner. But, like my short shorts and feathered hair, those days are bygone.

The Centennial projects required such an acute focused energy I've given over to blaming them, but who knows. At the Last Public Place in America I'm seeing a number of guys come in to ask for temporary cards and using their military ids for verification (read: Iraq/Afghan war veterans now living in homeless shelters). That really makes me feel hollow. And angry. Also today I saw a leg at the security area. Someone forgot their leg. How do you forget your leg? I didn't have time to find out what happened. The world is too much with me.

So, in the words of Boon Schoenstein, there's only thing to do... roadtrip! It's time for the annual family roadtrip. I'll try to report in from the road....

Of course, I have to figure out a way to watch the final Sopranos episode with the kids in the hotel room...

No comments: