Friday, August 04, 2006

I'm Hip About Time

Rummy came after me yesterday with both barrels. You'll remember I have whined not once, but twice about people asking their own questions. Well yesterday, as Senator Clinton squared off with the King of the Anti-Socratics in a hearing, he went off a on a classic one minute and thirty second question and answer session - with himself! So when the news channels needed a soundbite all they needed was that! Brilliant! Check out the video. You can skip to 8:30 into the video to hear him go off.


I had the coolest thing happen yesterday. This elderly woman - about 75ish, not the greatest health, dressed like a churchlady - asked me for travel books for South America. I took her to the 918s and asked her my customary, "Do these seem like the kind of books you're looking for?" She said yes and then I said, "Y'know there're some nice travelogues on the other side of this range I could show you. I love reading those before taking a trip." And she said, "Oooh. Right on!" - like a caricature in a parody of Easy Rider. I showed them to her and then walked away smiling - first at the thought of a septagenarian wanting to go trekking around South America and then at the thought of hippies being that old. I just never thought that would happen.

Took SGK to Cactus Jack's today. She did pretty well for her age. 190 tickets. Here is the material assessment of what I got for my $10 (I'm not going to go all VISA and say "Afternoon kicking it with daughter - priceless," cause I can do that for free):

1 Fortune telling fish
1 Alien head glow-in-the-dark ring
2 Orange glow-in-the-dark bracelets
1 Amoeba bracelet
1 2" tall dinosaur
2 Human-shaped eraser
1 Fossil-making press
1 Sticky dart
252 Dollars in fake cash

No comments: