Sunday, February 04, 2007

Caught By the Flanker

I got no dog in this fight called the Super Bowl, but here's why I hope the Colts lose:

1. The Colts should be eternally cursed for removing one of the most storied original franchises with a staunchly loyal fanbase - and to Indianapolis for God's sake.

2. I hexed them when they beat Dallas in the first Super Bowl I ever watched - SB V.

3. They let Joe Namath and the AFL win a championship and then promptly turned around and joined the AFC. Unforgivable.

4. It's against the spirit of the Revolution to feel sorry for a pouty quarterback with a $99.2 million salary + $34.5 million signing bonus, just because he's a nice guy.

4. It's still not OK to play football in a shiny dome on plastic grass in air conditioning.

I'm crossing my fingers for the Bears because they are the antithesis of all those (except number 2).

2 comments:

Tex said...

I really don't have a dog in this fight either. Football creates all sorts of internal chaos for me-- especially pro football.
1. I don't think this team should be held accountable for what the guys in the front office did in the dark of night in Baltimore. But if you're gonna condemn Indiana, isn't the Bears' QB from Bloomington?
2. Are you sure it was the Colts you hexed in that matchup with Dallas? Dallas seems to have a few demons themselves.
3. OK, unforgiven if you say so.
4. Pouting at this level is not attractive, no matter whose lower lip is protruding. The money is obscene.
5. If I'm in the audience, I want air conditioning, but then again, that may be what television is for. :-)
OK, that was fun.
The Bears just went ahead, 3 TDs have been scored, it's pouring rain, and we're not even out of the first quarter. This may be fun.

Anonymous said...

Ooops. It's all over and Rex Grossman did what he does best. There's always next year. (As long as the Giants are out of the running, I'm happy.)