Thursday, April 20, 2006

A Depiction of Nothingness, Complete In Every Detail

Not much going on these days. Which means something bad is about to happen...

I did finish knitting a nice silky wool sweatery top thing. I think it looks pretty good actually, except a a knitter can always spot the mistakes. Next up I am going to try and finish the Ol' Albatross - an Irish creel I started about a year ago. It has an incredibly hard stitch pattern (which is why I wanted to try it) that looks like a basket. It's not the basketweave stitch, which is actually kind of easy, but a stitch which really looks woven and thus is a good tight pattern for a satchel. I got through the stitch pattern alright, but the finishing instructions are a m-f. It's not that they are cryptic, they just make a lot of assumptions. Like they tell you 'start on the wrong side, picking up stitches as you go'. OK, there's three separate pieces - which piece do I start on? And I know that when I get it finished - WHEN - I get it finished, YHWH will leave the cap of an inkpen inside and it will have a nice big blue inkspot on it.

Also finished what is probably the best book on race I have ever read - Magnus Mills' Explorers of the New Century. It's a fantastic book in the style of Kafka or Beckett, both of whom I adore!

Super Giant Killer has begun requesting World War II stories for bedtime lately. So far we have covered Pearl Harbor, Midway, Coral Sea, The Bataan Death March, D-Day, and Operation Market Garden. Probably I'll do Sinking of the Bismarck next. Oh, and the other day she came in with one of those short black licorice pieces held under her nose and saluted. I don't know what I'm going to do. I'm afraid if I ban him, he'll be more attractive.

I'm pretty sure The Self has decided to pass on having a childhood. Who knew a hedonisitic life free from want or responsibility could be so depressing?

Anyone know why myspace blocks the sites of killers and other criminals after the fact? I mean that with genuine curiosity. I just can't come up with a compelling reason. Seems like it could be valuable info for society.

1 comment:

Adjective Queen said...

Dude, if by "something bad is going to happen" you mean the old snip snip, you need to call Overcoat to get the scoop. 48 hour recovery, my ass. I feel so guilty.