Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Another Thing I Said I'd Never Do

So my third-oldest and -dearest friend told me to create a blog. It's the first time I've ever done anything she said. But she did work at some sort of clerical post for the American Psychological Association in DC during the Gulf War, so I'm intimidated enough by her credentials to follow her advice.

I'm not really going to describe myself or categorize my life - you, dear reader, either already know me or you can figure it out for yourself if we both stick with this thing. I'm betting I get bored with it in about 32 days. I will say I have two young'ns and a spouse and for the sake of privacy, I'll call the youngest by one of the gajillion nicknames bestowed by me: Super Giant Killer or SGK and the eldest I'll probably use my most frequently bestowed moniker: The Self, but maybe Cheez Whiz or CC. And the other person on my wedding certificate will be known, as has been the case for *gosh* ten wonderful years now: YHWH.

TODAY BY THE NUMBERS
Miles walked: 2.25
Minutes waiting in front of school to pick up Self: 40
Levels of Wild Metal Country completed: 1
Songs sung to SGK at bedtime: 2 ('Georgy Girl' and 'Memphis in June')
Hours in service to the County: 8.5
Blogs initiated: 1
Obituaries of 44 year-olds read: 3
Incense sticks burned: 3 (Tibetan Lotus, black cherry, Nag Champa)
Cups of coffee: 2
Smiles offered: 1 (sort of - it was more one of those mouth-movements you do in lieu of an actual verbal acknowledgement which I gave to a woman in the parking garage elevator)
E-mails from boss: 4

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm intrigued. Give me more of your curiously eccentric musings!