Saturday, March 25, 2006

Never Obliterating Children!

We have about a dozen boxes left from our recent move that have been sitting in the garage unopened for various reasons, mainly laziness. For the Killer it was like Christmas all over again because 95% of her Christmas presents were packed the day after Christmas. So she got to open the boxes and get her presents. I know, bad daddy, bad parent. So she's getting to bake cakes with her Easy Bake Oven.

One treat, though was my re-discovery of her Map of the World by Xi Angyu Toys from China. It's this heavy, hinged wooden board with the world map on it and holes drilled for the pups to properly adorn the appropriate land with little flags. The first thing you notice is the map is centered on China. I mean you think you wouldn't notice that, but you've seen the thing centered on us for so long you instantly notice it. But the real joy is in reading the box. First of all the thing is called Knowledge of the World. But then if you read the side here's what you get:

"Educate children's actual operation ability, and pass perception towards world map with identity. Increase the ability of their perception, and see the international community the geography diagram that distribute the empress, and let all national flags take the seat. Inspire to number their think the elephant space and increase the perception ability."

And the end flap:
"Give a happy childhood for never obliterating of children!"

And the other end flap:
"Solidify Peace"

Check out this place for some more like mine...

God, we went to Lakeshore Learning today so the Killer could do their free craft. She loves to get their 25 cent Lakeshore kids as well. I swear everytime I go in there homeschool kids are running amok. I don't care who I alienate. I see this everyday at work and anytime I go to Lakeshore or Mardel (which isn't often). YHWH has seen it at her work, too. They are the most socially maladjusted people in the world. Everything you read says that they are smarter but I say so what if they are going to act like apes. I really can't get started on this. It will get ugly.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So you ARE for obliterating home schooled children? Generally, I'm with you.

Anonymous said...

I love reading those directions, but they can be particularly distracting when trying to put together a CD cabinet with Overcoat.