Saturday, March 18, 2006

Don't Sleep in the Subway, Darlin'

Oh. My. God. It is m-fing raining in Oklahoma City. I was sure Sally Kern, et al. had brought the wrath of God down on us for embarrassing him so much, but it looks like he's merciful after all. All last week the entire nation was drenched except for a umbrella which prevented moisture from reaching Kans., Okla. and Tex.

We finally got home about 9:30 last night. I cannot tell you how good the kids were. They actually acted like sisters for about 2 hours in the car. Had some good talks on the final stretch about life and goals and things, so that was good.

We made it as far as Little Rock Thursday and on Friday we visited the Central High School National Historic Site and were very impressed. I actually bought merch there, which I never do. Killer got another Jr. Ranger badge. I was a little disappointed that they didn't really go into the legal issues involved in sending Federal troops to force a state to do something (by gawd). Man, the Little Rock Nine, as James Whitmore said, "The fight they put up...one for the book!" Then we went to the Clinton Presidential Center store - I am not paying $24.00 to visit the actual center. That's not an opinion of Clinton or anything, it's just, jeez, $24.00?

Ummm after work I'm going to the Chinese store to get some instant coffee. They have this Vietnamese instant coffee mix which is to die for called Vinacafe. Better than Starbucks. Did you know Vietnam is 2nd on the coffee exporting country list? So, yeah, I'm propping up yet another Communist regime.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

pinko

Anonymous said...

Maybe it was because the girls were so good that God smiled on us and let it rain! Way to go Self & SGK!