Friday, March 10, 2006

Tiny Bubbles

It'll be interesting to see if the trip goes off as planned. First of all, The Self stayed home sick from school today. Probably allergies, but if I were the one spitting up green stuff, there is no way I would look forward to sitting in a car for 20 hours. We'll see how it goes. There's also a nice line of thunderstorms curiously placed directly over the route we'll be taking. I don't mean interesecting our route; I mean if you looked at the weather map you'd think it was a road map and confuse the squall line as the route from here to Washington. See, there's a God.

Does it happen to you that there are people you just don't like and then when you think about it, you realize you have never liked anybody with that name. Mine is Eric - and Danny. Last night I was reading a book which I'm not liking and finally I just said, "I really hate this book! Who in hell wrote it!" His name was Eric. And then it just hit me. I have never met an Eric I liked. In fact, one Eric from my childhood is in prison in a western state for molesting his own kids. Another one that lives in Edmond stalked one of my best friends and harrased them so much they had to change their phone number and consider moving. Eric Idle is my least favorite Python. I liked Beth Heiden more than Eric Heiden. I even like Cnut the Dane more than Erik the Red. And the movie Erik the Viking had Tim Robbins in it. I mean I've been at it all day and I still can't think of an Eric I like. A few I don't dislike, such as Eric Blore, but none I like.

Got to go to Sonic with Genie today. That was fun.

TODAY BY THE NUMBERS
Jr. Burgers eaten: 2
Solo desk shifts: 1
Miles walked: 0
Maps printed: 11
Smiles: 0
Buick LeSabres rented from Overcoat: 1
Lost children of Puerto Rican mothers found: 1

No comments: